10 March 2017Winter 2016-17 Ice Bits Newsletter Now Available
The WINTER 2016-17 quarterly update of IDPO and IDDO activities is now available.
02 March 2017April 11, 2017 DEADLINE for Requesting Ice Drilling Support for Antarctic Proposals
Requesting Ice Drilling Support for NSF Antarctic Research Opportunities (17-543) program solicitation
19 December 2016Science Planning Workshop: Research with the Rapid Access Ice Drill
March 2-3, 2017, La Jolla, California, USA
If you are preparing a proposal that includes any kind of support from IDPO-IDDO, you must include a Letter of Support/Scope of Work (LOS/SOW) document from IDPO-IDDO in the proposal. Researchers are asked to provide IDPO-IDDO with a detailed support request six weeks prior to the date the LOS/SOW document is required. Early submissions are strongly encouraged.
Information and resources for the ice drilling science and technology communities.
- Field Support for NSF Proposals
- Field Support for non-NSF Proposals
- Field Project Support Requirements Form
- End-of-Season Project Support Eval Form
- Long Range Science Plan
- Long Range Drilling Technology Plan
- Equipment Inventory
- Equipment in Development
- Subscribe to our electronic mailing list
- Future Plans/Schedule for DISC Drill
- Outreach Support
- Library of Ice Drilling Literature
- Science Requirements: IDDO Equipment
The U.S. Ice Drilling Program conducts integrated planning for the ice drilling science and technology communities, and provides drilling technology and operational support that enables the community to advance the frontiers of climate and environmental science.