13 September 2016Summer 2016 Ice Bits Newsletter Now Available
The SUMMER 2016 quarterly update of IDPO and IDDO activities is now available.
05 August 2016RAID science workshop - Early 2017 (tentative), La Jolla
Science Workshop for Research with the Rapid Access Ice Drill
15 June 2016Spring 2016 Ice Bits Newsletter Now Available
The SPRING 2016 quarterly update of IDPO and IDDO activities is now available.
If you are preparing a proposal that includes any kind of support from IDPO-IDDO, you must include a support letter and cost estimate from IDPO-IDDO in the proposal. Researchers are asked to provide IDPO-IDDO with a detailed support request six weeks prior to the date the support letter and cost estimate are required. Early submissions are strongly encouraged.
Information and resources for the ice drilling science and technology communities.
- Field Support for NSF Proposals
- Field Support for non-NSF Proposals
- Field Project Support Requirements Form
- End-of-Season Project Support Eval Form
- Long Range Science Plan
- Long Range Drilling Technology Plan
- Equipment Inventory
- Equipment in Development
- Subscribe to our electronic mailing list
- Future Plans/Schedule for DISC Drill
- Outreach Support
- Library of Ice Drilling Literature
- Science Requirements: IDDO Equipment
The U.S. Ice Drilling Program conducts integrated planning for the ice drilling science and technology communities, and provides drilling technology and operational support that enables the community to advance the frontiers of climate and environmental science.